The Ferguson Bicycle Shop is more than just a bike shop. While offering the usual bicycle shop sales and services it is also a community hub for healthy living and a resource for transportation bicyclists. The Ferguson Bicycle Shop offers its customers innovative programs to encourage healthy lifestyles and provides ways for its customers to enjoy the economic benefits of bicycling.
The company operates a 1500 square foot bicycle shop in downtown Ferguson, Missouri. This location enables the Ferguson Bicycle Shop to take advantage of several strengths that Ferguson has:
- A revitalized downtown business district
- A growing active living culture
- A strong local cycling community
- Proximity to current and future bicycling trails
- Ted Jones Trail – current
- Maline Creek Greenway – to be developed as part of the Great Rivers Greenway; trailhead already in place at 501 Plaza, engineering study under way
- City adoption of a Complete Streets ordinance
- The Ferguson Bicycle and Pedestrian Plan, adopted by the City Council in December, 2011
As Ferguson becomes a more bikeable and walkable city the Ferguson Bicycle Shop aims to be a source of equipment and services to enable local and area residents to take advantage of new health, recreation, and transportation opportunities.